Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The one with sydney bristow


since my last blog i have spent hours watching season 1 of alias.....i really enjoyed it and highly recommend it.....but the level of excitement that i felt about it got me wondering and asking God why i was so intrigued by it.....and i realized that i am bored with my life right now....and i know that there are so many huge things going on in my life right now which may cause you to question how i feel bored but nevertheless the feeling is there.....if any of you have ever seen the show you know how awesome sydney bristow (jennifer garner) is.....she is brave, heroic, pretty morally sound, an awesome fighter, and insanely smart.......but seeing a character like her left me with this unsettling feeling of unimportance....wondering what i have to offer the world and God....having this desire to use some of the skills i have developed in my kick boxing class to fight off an attacker with total confidence and ease......and feeling this urge to have some adventure/excitement in my life....i mean i would love to do what she does......but i know that God is not leading me there....so i am left with these desires and nowhere to channel them.....but then i remember God and the adventure of life that He has given me....and the enemies that He will have me fight against daily....and the knowlege i have of the most vital information that will save people's eternal lives......those things bring me encouragement and remind me of how much i have in common with sydney bristow

No comments:

Post a Comment