Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The one with the little known wendy fact #5

i absolutely love old music...you know standards....ok frank sinatra, dean martin......that kind of stuff......i am sitting here right now listening to this new ella fitzgerald cd that my mom gave me....there is something so encompassing about this music.....it sets a whole scene and reminds me of the good old days......sometimes kev and i play this game where he will play little snippets of songs and i have to guess the artist....i pretty much rule at it and he is always amazed at my talent in this area....i kinda think it could be considered a spiritual gift but who am i to tell....so before i am done with this post i will tell you of some of my favorite singers in this genre....
  • Peggy Lee
  • Billy Holiday
  • Nat King Cole
  • Keely Smith (my mom was named Keely after her)
  • Louis Prima (Keely Smith's husband)
  • Sam Butera (Louis Prima's backup singer/sax player but still an amazing solo artist)
  • Ella Fitzgerald
  • Dean Martin
  • Frank Sinatra
  • Bobby Darin

if you haven't been very exposed to this music but would like to just let me know and i would love to make you a cd mix of all my favorite songs...i love making cd's...so let me know if you are interested and i will hook you up...until next week

No comments:

Post a Comment