Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The one with the little known wendy fact #3

when i was three years old i ran through a sliding glass door.....i didn't run into it....no no...i ran completely through it......here's how it came to pass......i was with my family at one of our freind's house.....she and her husband were close family friends and we went over there a lot....the husband's name was Painter and he would always make these people for us out of the lemons that were on their tree in the back yard.....needless to say.....i loved going over there and watching him do this....so this particular day my sister and i were getting ready to go outside with Painter and for some reason i had to stay inside to get something for him and then meet them outside......now let me just say that i tended to be a very excited little girl and that, combined with my lightining speed running skills caused me to run completely through their sliding glass door and shatter it....leaving me face-down (in my favorite outfit mind you) on the ground in a huge pile of broke glass and blood.....needless to say i was passed out and one thing i remember when i woke up is my sister, joy, looking into the huge gash on my left knee telling me that she could see my bone...then i passed out again....so i made it to the doctor's safely and i got 16 stitches in my knee and another 5 on the side of my leg and 3 or so on my nose.....i also had minor cuts all over my face and body.....i was a sad looking little wendy....but i survived and i still have lots of scars to show for it today...which...in my book....makes it all worth while

No comments:

Post a Comment